[C320-list] battery compartment, box

Dave Hupe hoopdtwo at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 26 15:35:21 PDT 2018

Exactly the same on our 320.  My survey last year said nothing about it.
Dave Hupe1994 Cat320 "Mayan Sun" (#32)Holland, MI

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

  On Sun, Aug 26, 2018 at 4:06 PM, Warren Updike<wupdike at hotmail.com> wrote:   From what I can find, the standards for battery storage have to do with restricting movement and protection of the pos terminals. I can find nothing specific re. containing batteries in a box.
We have a 1994, #62, the batteries sit on a shelf with a very low lip; but, otherwise are not contained in case of a failure of the case. They are restrained by a heavy wood bar across the top secured to the settee with nut& bolt which I feel is sufficient to restrict movement per standards.
I'm interested to know if anyone has experience with a boat survey that dealt with battery storage, especially on the older 320s.  And, what kind of battery box might be used on the older 320.

Thanks,
Warren and Pattie Updike
1994 C320 "Warr de Mar" #62
Middle River, MD (Chesapeake Bay)