[C320-list] Autopilot install

Rod Boer rod.boer1 at verizon.net
Tue Aug 28 16:41:55 PDT 2018

Hi Angus,

I ordered a package from Defender Marine. It was referred as an Evolution Autopilot with a P70s Control Head, ACU200, EV1 sensor core, EV1 cabling kit and type 1 mechanical linear drive. I purchased the arm that was attached to the rudder post from another vendor.  I had a machine shop fabricate plates to reinforce the inside and aft side of the rear wall of the aft berth. I installed it myself. My entire installation is below decks under the helm.  Previously there were several similar installations done and one written up in a previous issue of the Mainsheet.  My installation is very similar to Jeff Hares installation. A similar installation was written up and published in the Mainsheet. If you decide to install this Autopilot, let me know as I can provide you with quite a bit of information.

Rod Boer
Odyssey, #688
Chesapeake Bay