[C320-list] Anchor Rode and Filter Wrench

Dave Hupe hoopdtwo at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 18 17:28:47 PST 2018

 When I first bought my boat, the previous owner reported never replacing the Racor filter. So, to say the least, it was really tight
I bought an inexpensive strap wrench like one of these below at my local NAPA Auto parts store.  It was very easy to slip into an awkward place, tighten first by hand, then it works with a ratchet or breaker bar to really get purchase on it.  I used it on both the Racor, as well as my Perkins engine secondary filter.
$8.62 https://www.myautovaluestore.com/atd-tools/strap-filter-wrench-atd-5208?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIj-2ot86q3wIVibrACh3l5A0HEAQYASABEgK4KfD_BwE

$10.79 https://www.denniskirk.com/motion-pro/oil-filter-strap-wrench-08-0069.p28802.prd/28802.sku?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cse&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIj-2ot86q3wIVibrACh3l5A0HEAQYByABEgI_4_D_BwE&ad=228600803220
Dave Hupe
1994 Cat 320 (#32)
Holland, MI