[C320-list] Modifying The Sail Cover to Accommodate Dutchman System

islgirl3 at aol.com islgirl3 at aol.com
Mon Dec 31 12:40:58 PST 2018

I had zippers installed and have not had any issues. It certainly makes it easier to put on the sail cover in my opinion.

Rich Nuzzolo
897
On Monday, December 31, 2018 Scott Thompson <C320-List at Catalina320.com> wrote:
I did that on the advice of a sailmaker when I bought a new main, and
have regretted it ever since.  The holes at the top of the zippers that
accommodate the Dutchman lines let water and dirt in despite the little
flaps that were installed to prevent this. Plus the zippers complicate
putting the cover on, especially in a blow.  I have a new cover on order
and will be switching back.

BTW with your current system you only need to slack the lines a few feet
to put the cover on.  I never had to "gather" the lines when I had your
current system. It sounds like you are making it harder than necessary.

Scott Thompson

Surprise, #653 (1999)