[C320-list] Fuel tank replacement

Jeff Hare Catalina at thehares.com
Tue Feb 6 11:34:39 PST 2018

We rolled a couple coats of truck bed liner 'paint' on the bottom and sides of our new fuel tank to protect against any metal bits rolling up against the aluminum tank and corroding. Very durable.

But we also put the strips back below the tank simply to keep the tank from directly sitting on the hull. Place them in a direction that water won't pool anywhere and that no parts of the tank will rub against the hull.

Catalina used scraps of rub-rail for this on the boats I've seen.  Consider how you'll strap the tank back down and also keep it from sliding forward.
Hopefully while your tank was out you took the opportunity to clean the area, replace the water tank inlet and vent hoses and reroute the bilge hoses to the slot in front of the fuel tank.

We also used that opportunity to remove the white engine vent hoses, put screens over the 3" aft vent intakes.  The bilge blower is useless and the hoses are far too small and bendy to be true engine vents.  The engine vents far better and the fridge seems to operate more efficiently with the aft vents open without hoses.

Cheers!
-Jeff