[C320-list] Starting new chat about Engine vents

Scott Westwood scottwestwood at bellsouth.net
Tue Feb 6 13:01:04 PST 2018

I saw Jeff's comment about the engine vents and those bendy hoses.  I just redid my engine instrument panel and replaced the Blower switch.  Have not re-installed the panel yet so I have no idea if the blower even works.  So this means I have not really been "venting" the engine compartment at all.  Does not seem to have been any problems (so far- knock wood).  I was planning to go over all that once I got the panel back in place.
Are you saying that you took out those (we have) white flexible hoses that seem brittle to me.  It sounds like you (Jeff) removed the hoses and put screen (for critters) over the stern holes??  Do you run the engine with the aft berth boards all in place?  Do you leave anything else open?  Or... does the engine compartment vent enough with all the covers on??
FWIW.  We plan to (have not been) keep a battery operated Carbon Monoxide sensor with us on the boat just as a safety feature.  Portable and you can take it along with you anywhere.
Thanks,
Scott Westwood scottwestwood at bellsouth.net H (919)-362-8538     C (919)-618-7185