[C320-list] Stuck Steering Wheel

Guy Smith smitski2001 at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 16 07:31:00 PST 2018

 Hey John,
If it doesn't break free after treating it and trying the puller again, you might want to try a heat gun to expand the outer ring. Concentrate the heat on the outer ring and not the post as much as possible.If you have access to a rawhide mallet, when the puller is on give it some wacks. The rawhide mallet shouldn't mar the chrome finish.However, that might not free it. I'm not sure that a torch would be a good thing since the chrome will be discolored, at best...But I've had to resort to a torch to free these kinds of problems with stuck auto and plumbing projects.
Good Luck!
~g
Guy and Liz Smithsv Pleiades C320 #452Worton Creek, MD