[C320-list] Painting over non skid

Michael Ferguson coralman at bellsouth.net
Fri Feb 16 08:10:35 PST 2018

Has anyone painted their cockpit non-skid and if so how did you prep it and what did you use. Thanks MichaelNauti Clew 169

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

  On Fri, Feb 16, 2018 at 10:44 AM, Jeff Hare<Catalina at thehares.com> wrote:   While I'm not certain, I don't think the wheel is chrome.  I think it's polished passivated stainless and will discolor if you heat it too much or too aggressively.

You can heat it with a torch carefully but the key here is that you have to cool/freeze the whole assembly first, then you don't need the hub to get too hot (just uncomfortably warm to the touch) to break it free.  It's really just about needing to get the hub to warm up before the shaft temp catches up.

-Jeff Hare