[C320-list] Dinghy Davits

Utility Email kswanson123 at comcast.net
Sun Feb 18 18:22:05 PST 2018

I wrote the article mentioned on our 2011 Weaver Davit installation on our 2007 C320 MK II.

For our C320 sailing in San Diego and out to Catalina Island and now the Puget Sound, San Juan Islands, Canadian Gulf Islands, and Desolation Sound, they work really well.  They provide a simple and easy way to stow the inflatable without too much hardware attached to the boat.

We also have snap up davit lifter that allow us to stow the inflatable higher in case we expect some rough conditions (which we generally avoid).

I wouldn’t say that the Weaver Davit system is a weak system.  They are just designed for different style of use than traditional stern mounted lifting davits.

David Swanson
S/V Emily Ann
2007 C320 MK II, No. 1107
Mukilteo, Washington USA