[C320-list] Raw water pump

John Frost john at frostnet.net
Tue Jul 31 17:18:04 PDT 2018

I was surprised when I replaced my Yanmar (3YM30) impeller this Spring, my South East regional supplier for Yanmar parts
looked up the part number and said that they had never in their history sold the faceplate gasket, despite having sold thousands of impellers.  They said everybody just replaced the impeller and never bothered with the O-ring/gasket.  They ended up ordering one that came from England I believe and took 3 months to get.

Sadly, after I put in the new impeller and the difficult to find gasket (yes I cleaned the surfaces), I have a small leak so I am watching the discussion of water pump replacement carefully. I have low engine hours.

                                         +
Happy Sailing!          /||\
John                           / ||  \
                                  /    ||    \
                                /      ||      \
                              /        ||        \
                            /          ||          \
                          /            ||            \
                        /              ||              \
                      /                ||                \
                    /                  ||                  \
                  /                    || Hull 1118 \
                /                      ||                      \
              /                        ||                         \
            /     Catalina     ||                           \
          /     C320MKII    ||                             \
        /            2007         ||                                \
     \              Lake Guntersville, AL                    l_