[C320-list] Propane tank

Scott Thompson surprise at thompson87.com
Sun Jun 3 05:42:43 PDT 2018

In addition to the checks below, I try to do an easier test often during
the season: Open the gas valve and the solenoid to pressurize the
system, and note the pressure. Then turn the main gas valve off while
leaving the solenoid on. If you have no leaks in the system then the
pressure will stay constant. If it hasn't changed after a few minutes
then that is a sign of no leaks. But if the pressure drops after a few
minutes then you have a leak somewhere and need to do the test procedure
Chris describes below to find and correct it. For this test to be
effective the gas valve needs to be thoroughly closed so that the system
is no longer receiving pressure from the tank. Since this puts gas in
the system I tend to do the test at the start of a cruise, just before
the first use of the stove.

Scott Thompson