[C320-list] Catalina 320; interior varnish refinish

Warren Updike wupdike at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 5 08:36:38 PDT 2018

I have used the Target Water-based varnish with fine results. I have also used Minwax "Wipe-on Poly" on the trim around the companionway (subject to some weather,) the trim around the galley, and the companionway ladder steps. It is truly wipe-on... no brush to clean, and to me is indistinguishable from the Target product. However, I have not attempted to use it on a large surface in the salon. I would think it would do well on the port trims. Being polyurethane based, it might do better than the Target product where exposed to water. I would call it a semi-gloss, definitely not gloss. I would not use it on exterior surfaces, not that we have any.
Please, everyone, let us know how any such project of yours turns out.

Warren and Pattie Updike
1994 C320 "Warr de Mar" #62
Middle River, MD (Chesapeake Bay)