[C320-list] Fuel gauge

Scott Westwood scottwestwood at bellsouth.net
Thu Jun 7 02:57:08 PDT 2018

Sorry for double response but I re-read your post.
Thing to remember is, if the gauge's sensing post/lead is open to ground the gauge should show empty.  If you ground the sensing post/lead it should show full.  Nothing more than that.

If your gauge shows full all the time I would disconnect the sensing wire from the top of the sending unit.  The gauge should go to empty.  If it does then the gauge and wire is good and the issue is the sending unit.  If it does not then I would go to the back of the gauge and disconnect the sensing wire there.  If the gauge goes to empty then you have a wiring problem (Wire shorted).  If the gauge does NOT go to empty, with the sensing wire disconnected on the back of the gauge, then the gauge is faulty.
Anybody know different??
Thanks,
Scott Westwood scottwestwood at bellsouth.net H (919)-362-8538    C (919)-618-7185