[C320-list] Fuel gauge

Scott Westwood scottwestwood at bellsouth.net
Tue Jun 12 02:15:43 PDT 2018

Just make sure you spin the sending unit in the correct orientation so the arm can lift up.  If the sending unit has a float that goes straight up with a spiral then it really doesn't matter.  Most of the ones I saw when I replaced mine had the whole arm actually bend/lift up like lifting a horses leg.  As apposed to a float that "Slides" up a stationary shaft.  I hope I am explaining myself.  On mine the sending unit was mounted on the tank in the very corner.  If you have one that bends up like a horses leg then if you insert it wrong then it will hit the tank wall and not allow the arm to raise up.
Pretty easy to do but kind of tight space on mine.  Joe is right on.  Make sure you don't over tighten but make sure you get a good seal.  First time I did it I had a slow leak and just had to re-tighten them.
Good Luck.
Thanks,
Scott Westwood scottwestwood at bellsouth.net H (919)-362-8538    C (919)-618-7185