[C320-list] Lifeline Replacement Guidelines - Pelican Hooks Forward

danny jensen danny at jensenshouse.com
Sun Jun 17 03:29:50 PDT 2018

Group,
I have a 2004 C320. My life lines Forward are showing some wear. I also
launch my inflatable from the deck and have stressed the forward life lines
a bit. I am considering purchasing the Catalina Direct (CD) lifeline kit
https://www.catalinadirect.com/index.cfm/product/1489_704/lifeline-kit-double-deluxe-c-30-c-310-c-320.cfm
. Also I'm going to rig Pelican hooks on the port side so I can slide my
dingy off the deck and I won't need to put the dingy over the life lines.
The CD

Questions:

   1. What is the approximate time range for lifelines? 15 years? I'm
   seeing a bit of rust in the swages.
   2. Stainless or PVC coated? Why to you like Stainless?
   3. Have any of you used the CD ~$650.00 life line kit? What other source
   do you recommend?
   4. Since the CD lifeline kit has Pelican's included, I can use my old
   Pelicans Forward
   5. How much time shall I allocate for the job?
   6. Have any of you rigged Pelican hooks forward. What was your
   experience?

Danny