[C320-list] Head Vented Loops

Scott Thompson surprise at thompson87.com
Tue Jun 19 14:22:57 PDT 2018

My sense is that "medicine" cabinet is one of the areas where things are
very different between older and newer boats. A recent thread mentioned
sliding doors to the cabinet, but on my boat there are no sliding doors
and I have the two vented loops. And dimensions of the head compartment
changed significantly at one time (perhaps more than once.) Can't really
use the cabinet for anything that shouldn't get wet as a consequence of
the vented loops, since there can be a lot of dampness if one of the
duckbill valves leaks even a little bit.

BTW, the second vented loop is not just for the shower drain, but also
for the reefer drain on "newer" boats such as my 1999. You choose one or
the other with a Y valve under the head sink.  We never use the shower,
but drain the reefer often.