[C320-list] Inverters and Install Location

danny jensen danny at jensenshouse.com
Sun Jun 24 16:11:46 PDT 2018

 Tim,
I saw another owner mount an inverter in the book case area next to the
battery switch so I copied this and it has worked out fine.

 This project can be found the following link : https://c320.org/
mediagallery/media.php?f=0&sort=0&s=20140523102533488 .

 My inverter is 1500W. My wife runs a travel type blow driver and I have
100A alternator (maybe 1000W output). At anchor, with battery's about 90%
they want to take about 20-25 amps off the alternator with the Refer OFF. I
run a cord out the main hatch from the inverter to  hatch in the head and
she runs the dryer on low and gets the water out of her hair then, she does
15 second bursts on high to style. Running on high all the time overheats
my alternator. I like the location of the inverter it is very close to the
batteries. Putting a big load on your batteries is almost like doing a dead
short I suspect so I put a 250A MRBF running to a 150A breaker. I don't
think I want to put a big load on my batteries unless I had the motor
running at 1800-2000 rpm.

I did run some AC wire under under the floor to the starboard side. I the
idea was to eventually terminate the wire to the AC panel but I have not
been motivated.  The extension cord has worked great for hair dryers, heat
guns, power tools, quick charge phone adapters and vacuum cleaners

Danny