[C320-list] Dripless shaft???

Rod Boer rod.boer1 at verizon.net
Tue Jun 26 18:03:45 PDT 2018

Scott,

I installed a dripless shaft on my 2000 C320.  I used it for a couple of years but I worked for a company that demanded 99.99% reliability and if things go wrong there has to be a mechanism to handle it. I starting thinking what would I do if the bellows developed a significant crack while I was out in the ocean. I couldn't find a good answer so I went back to the conventional solution with a stuffing box.

Rod Boer
Odyssey #688