[C320-list] Mystery electrical component

Larry Frank WindSwept at stx.rr.com
Thu Jun 28 20:28:42 PDT 2018

Gene,

I am thinking that you may have a Balmar A.R.S III regulator.  Check out
this site:
www.balmar.net/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/ARS-3-Regulator-Manual.pdf.  I
believe it should be blue.

This is an older regulator that may no longer be supported.  I have one that
I used to have installed on WindSwept however I replaced it with a more high
tech version  (MC-614).  I  now carry the ARS III as a spare.

If this looks like what you have I have the complete manual which is 16
pages long and will scan it and email to you if you provide the email
address to use for that purpose.

I cannot say for sure about the lights.  I don¹t think it is normal for all
to be on unless the engine is running and the regulator has gone through its
entire charge cycle.  However I can see one or two situations where the
wiring is not exactly as it should be causing the lights to all be on even
with the battery switch off and the engine not running if the battery
charger is on.  It would be difficult if not impossible to troubleshoot not
being onboard.

Larry
WindSwept
C320#246