[C320-list] Prop Shaft: Replacement

Rod Boer rod.boer1 at verizon.net
Mon Mar 12 16:11:02 PDT 2018

Hi Warren,

You could be creative like I was about 23 years ago when I had a Catalina
27.  I just dug a really deep hole under the rudder and then dropped the
rudder in the hole and removed it.  The marina wasn't very happy about that
approach, but I pretty much patched things up afterwards. I did put a new
stainless steel shaft in the C320 but I think I removed the cutlass bearing
which probably helped.

Rod
Odyssey, #688