[C320-list] Prop Shaft: Replacement

Doug Treff doug at treff.us
Wed Mar 14 11:57:58 PDT 2018

I have been told that if you remove the cutlass bearing from the strut before attempting to pull the shaft, that there should be enough play in it to get the shaft past the rudder. I've not actually seen this work in real life. But it makes sense to pull the cutlass bearing anyway because if you are taking the shaft out, the bearing should probably be replaced too.

I wish I had known that 6 years ago, I paid extra to have the rudder dropped, then had to pay a rigger to reassemble  and calibrate everything afterwards.

--
Doug Treff
1996 - #350 - September Song
doug at treff.us