[C320-list] Mysterious water

Warren Updike wupdike at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 19 06:46:29 PDT 2018

Assuming that you have not noticed such inside water after a heavy rain (not that you've seen any heavy rain in Cape Coral,) it must be related to the over-fill of the water tank. Either, as John M. suggests, one of the two connections of the fill hose have failed, or the inspection port on the tank leaks. Or, perhaps, also check the vent hose from the tank to the vent. Both connections are on the top of the tank. You'll have to trace the path of the hose to find the other ends.
I've found it necessary to wrap the inspection port cap on both tanks with heavy-duty plumber's tape (hardware store,) and make sure the cap is securely installed. For this task, I made a wooden wrench for the purpose (use any suitable tool.)
Your hull #948, is what is called the "deep bilge." Our hull #62 is the older "shallow bilge" design, the grid pan is entirely different, so I can't comment on how the water got to where you found it. I can tell you that we have found water from tanks in the most inaccessible places from different leaks necessitating removing the cabin sole to deal with it. All fixed now.
Please let us know how it turns out.
Sorry we missed seeing you in CC this year.

Warren and Pattie Updike
1994 C320 "Warr de Mar" #62
Middle River, Chesapeake Bay