[C320-list] Anchors

Doug Treff doug at treff.us
Thu Mar 29 10:14:25 PDT 2018

Jerry,

I spend all my sililng time on the Chesapeake - Here's my take on it:

My C320 came with a Danforth - style anchor which let me down way too often, including once in a thunderstorm. NOT the best time to be out on deck dealing with a dragging situation. And I didn't have a spare anchor. I had had enough...  Since I was going to be buying one, and I was unhappy with the Danforth, I spent a lot of time researching anchors.

I ended up choosing a Mantus. Best decision I ever made. It grabs on the first try every time and I have not yet dragged in 4 years. I have the Danforth buried in the bottom of the locker as a spare but I doubt I'll ever need it unless I lose the Mantus somehow.

Cheers,

--
Doug Treff
doug at treff.us