[C320-list] vented loop

Warren Updike wupdike at hotmail.com
Wed May 2 14:55:09 PDT 2018

Bill and all, repowering would be a great topic for a Mainsheet article. With models now 24 years old, repowering will be a project that other owners  will be faced with. All it would take on your part is a simple log of notes as you go along and a few pictures. The Technical Editor (me) will be happy to write the article from your notes, or you may pen the article yourself. I have received several very excellent articles with great pictures from other owners; and, I admit they did a far better job of it than would I.

As for the vented loop, somewhere along the line it was moved from the engine compartment, as described, into the port side locker. Probably standards changed. We had to deal with this when we installed A/C.

It can be moved by running the hoses through the space under the locker and behind the refer. There would have to be holes drilled in the deck of the locker. You must investigate the content of that space before drilling as there are two FRP conduits running under the locker deck. One, for the refrigerator lines, and one for the propane lines (at lease on #62.) You can use a remote scanning camera (Harbor Freight) or a small hand-held camera to view the inside of the space before you drill.

I may be able to dig-up some pictures. If you are interested, contact me off-list. We had to drill holes in the locker deck when installing A/C.

Warren and Pattie Updike
1994 C320 "Warr de Mar" #62
Middle River, MD (Chesapeake Bay)