[C320-list] Water heater hose let go... again...

Troy Dunn troutwarrior at gmail.com
Sat May 5 19:46:30 PDT 2018

I replaced the 4” black outlet hose I installed last fall with a proper hot
water hose prior to launch.  I had hoped that would be the end of the water
heater saga.  Alas, the hose blew off the heater twice in as many weeks.
I  decided to replace the TP relief valve and the thermostat.   In order to
get the relief valve off I had to partially remove the water heater from
underneath the sink.   The valve would not budge using a 12” pipe
wrench...  I am now the proud owner of a 18” husky brand pipe wrench which
worked fine.   Hopefully that will be the last time I need that wrench?
The heater is working fine now although I probably need to give it a week
or two to declare victory.

Troy Dunn
Hull #514
S/V Wonky Dog