[C320-list] Wind direction / instrument

Warren Updike wupdike at hotmail.com
Sun May 27 13:22:11 PDT 2018

Chris' response is correct to test "with certainty." Raymarine makes a junction box that can be used to provide access to the 5 wires for testing purposes. I installed one of these along the wire run in the salon so that I could apply the test without going up the mast. In my case, it was the transducer in the doohickey up the mast and I had to go up anyway. Yet, the problem could have been elsewhere. The windvane/anemometer is easily removed by hand. I had it serviced by (what's his name in Colorado,) and not had a problem since.

Warren and Pattie Updike
1994 C320 "Warr de Mar" #62
Middle River, MD (Chesapeake Bay)