[C320-list] Using salt water for the head

Greg Flanagan greg.flanagan at shaw.ca
Tue Nov 6 19:26:24 PST 2018

My nickel’s worth (the cent is gone in Canada):  We flush the head using my ‘shower’ sink tap when in a port where I can fill my water tanks and my waste tank is generally empty. Anchoring, and under way I use seawater. The only thing necessary when using fresh (sink valve) water is not turn the valve on the head to water (keep it on dry). This method means I don’t have to open and close any seacocks. And yes in my experience a holding tank with seawater creates much more odour than one with fresh water.

 Cheers,

Greg Flanagan
Hoop Dancer #1076
Sidney, BC