[C320-list] Looking for LED stern light ideas

Pat Tormey ptormey at 4square.net
Tue Nov 20 09:40:55 PST 2018

I just did that 2 week ago.
I used the LED from Westmarine
https://www.westmarine.com/buy/west-marine--flush-mount-round-led-stern-navigation-light--13022173?recordNum=2 and discovered it isn’t exactly flush mount. There is a square 1”x2” water jacket that keeps it from sitting flat.

I ran the wires up thru the radar post which was designed to handle wires. I made my own clamp out of a U-bolt and a piece of starboard (ok, I really used a piece of my plastic cutting board, same stuff) hacked out to allow flush mount.

The wires for the existing stern mount on #1037 were directly below the post holding the existing stern light so it was easy to grab.
Drop into the starboard aft locker, it’s behind the hatch sill.

IF I didn’t have a radar post I’d look at running it outside of the tubing to the top of the davits and connecting at the existing stern light or possibly adding a longer flag pole from the existing mount to bring the flag and the stern light above the davits.

Good luck

Pat

Pat Tormey
s/v Blue Skies