[C320-list] New to the List

Gerald Rouillard pearson39b at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 21 09:47:56 PST 2018

Hello to everyone on this list.  I have been following your posts for several months now, and just recently managed to find my way on to it with the help of David Prudden, to whom I am grateful for helping me through the process.

Even without the ability to post my own messages and questions, the list has been very valuable to me to this point. Last Summer, I bought a 1995, C-320 that had good bones, but a lot of deferred maintenance.  This created a long project list, some of which are now completed, but others are still waiting until the boat goes back in the waters of Lake Pepin next Spring.

In the meantime, I have the Winter to get myself better educated about Wind Song; to identify resources and find out problems that I can anticipate or avoid as best I can, and that's why I have been eager to join your conversations.  Likewise, I will be happy to share my own mis-steps and successes, such as they are, for everyone else's consideration.

I probably should mention that I have owned other boats previously, so I am somewhat educated about the more common elements of ownership and DIY sailboat maintenance.  But, that said, I am still pretty much a trial-and-error boat mechanic, and some of my errors have been more spectacular than I like to admit!  Still trying, however....

Sailor Jerry,
Standing by...

Sent from my iPad

Sent from my iPad