[C320-list] Fragile water lines

Doug Treff doug at treff.us
Tue Oct 23 06:29:14 PDT 2018

Jack,

It could have been mineral deposits. If you flush a urine and salt water mix and leave it standing in the hoses (not a long enough flush), it will crystallize into a cement-like substance. Calcium carbonate (found on seawater) and urine crystals are a natural combination that will produce this problem.  So, probably not malicious, just poor (or no) maintenance.

See the link below... Peggie Hall - the "Head Mistress" is amazing in her knowledge of all things marine head and sanitation. Her answer to the question in this forum post is almost word-for-word what you described.
https://forums.sailboatowners.com/index.php?threads/salt-buildup-in-hoses.23417/

--
Doug Treff
doug at treff.us