[C320-list] Fragile water lines

Warren Updike wupdike at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 23 13:38:28 PDT 2018

It's amazing the things that can go wrong on a boat. If I had those kinds of problems with a car, that would be the last of that brand I buy.
Here are a couple of things I try to do when leaving the boat:
O Turn off water pump and open a faucet to let the pressure drop.
O Fill the head with about 1 gal fresh water and pump it through to make sure chemicals are in the tank, not left in the hose.
O If not leaving the fridge on, prop open a door/cover so ambient air can circulate
O Install reflective inserts (made from layered aluminum insulation) in cabin hatches and put curtains on ports all to reduce heat from Sun.

I'm sure there are lots more things that help. What are your ideas?

Warren and Pattie Updike
1994 C320 "Warr de Mar" #62
Middle River, MD (Chesapeake Bay)