[C320-list] Batteries

Welch, Myron D myron-welch at uiowa.edu
Mon Sep 3 11:02:03 PDT 2018

Jeff,

Thanks for the battery information. I just need a point of clarification regarding your last paragraph — connecting the charger to the battery bank.

I had the original two battery set up with a Xantrex Trucharger 20  amp. There were two wires from the charger, one to each battery. When I added a starting battery, I paralleled the two 4Ds and added a Blue Seas ACR to charge the start battery. I then attached only one wire from the Xantrex charger number one post to the number one battery. We are usually plugged into shore power and all has been working well.

Are you saying I should also attach a wire from the battery charger number two post to the house bank? If so, should it be attached to battery one along with the wire from the charger number one post or should it go to battery number two?

As always, thanks for your input.

Myron Welch
Wind Instrument, 1995 #238
Iowa City, Iowa