[C320-list] PROPANE

Graeme Clark cg at skyflyer.co.uk
Mon Sep 3 23:56:08 PDT 2018

Propane is more dense than air so any leak will fill the boat with gas (the bilge pumps aren’t adequate to vent it)
With a bit of agitation with air an explosive mixture is formed and then any spark (a switch contact might be enough) could blow you sky high
You can purchase LPG gas detectors and site the sensor low down near the cabin sole
Best solution in my view is to not rely on the solenoid gas valve but always turn the tank valve off when not needing gas for any length of time (eg overnight)
Also make sure the gas locker vent hose is unobstructed. It often collects water and that blocks it!
Graeme

Sent from mobile: please excuse typos etc.!