[C320-list] Basic hot water heater and charging question

Gene Helfman genehelfman at gmail.com
Sat Sep 15 17:38:55 PDT 2018

Thanks, guys.  We hoped the water heater used engine heat, but I couldn't
find the plumbing involved so assumed it was independent.  Makes sense to
make use of engine heat (sort of like cooking a chicken under the hood of
your car on a road trip, or am I showing my age).  WRT the
alternator.voltage regulator issue, obviously it's something we have to
check when we get home (we're cruising in British Columbia right now, end
of a 5 week trip). PO put in a different, much bigger alternator, so it's
going to require some expertise.  We put a meter on it and got full (like
14.85 V) out of it for a half hour, then dropped down to 13 and change.

--
Gene Helfman, Professor Emeritus
Odum School of Ecology, University of Georgia
PERMANENT address:
    498 Shoreland Dr., Lopez Is., WA 98261
    (360) 468-2136
    genehelfman at gmail.com