[C320-list] Replacement (Danby) Microwave

Dave Hupe hoopdtwo at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 18 11:17:44 PDT 2018

Rich D. had posted last year (see "Microwave Solution Found") that he sourced/installed a Danby Model DMW077BLSDD microwave to replace his original one.  He instructed that "the two plastic feet in the front need to be removed.  Rear feet are pressed sheet metal, drill hole and gently tap in with hammer to flush.  There is one small screw that needs to be cut off that would protrude below the modified bottom".
I questioned if it ran hot, since it might be restricted in its place compared to the original, but Rich replied he had monitored the temperature and it seemed fine.  Rich also mentioned subsequently that to secure the unit, he intended to "use two 1.5 inch wood screws through the original holes under cabinet and have them screw into the sheet metal at the bottom of microwave.  It's a snug fit, but just in case".
I indicated that I might try to add vents under the new unit through the boat's cabinet bottom (it looks like I could move my fluorescent kitchen fixture outboard a little more to make room for a vent).
Dan Kolean also reported that he had purchased the same unit and would report back after installing it.
Rich and Dan..... I have not installed mine yet..... do you have any additional information?
Thanks, Dave Hupe
1994 Cat320 "Mayan Sun" (#32)
Holland, MI