[C320-list] Seeking tip on fuel filter

Jack Brennan jackbrennan at bellsouth.net
Thu Sep 20 17:01:49 PDT 2018

Hi all:

The Yanmar had 560 hours on it when I bought it two months ago, so it's very
possible this is the original filter, or maybe the second. It runs
flawlessly, so I'm not worried about injectors yet.

Yeah, I've been turning it the right way. In fact, I've tried both ways.
Sometimes, trying to tighten it is a way to break the seal.

The more I think about it, the more the suggestion to buy a new unit makes
sense. At $111, it's cheap insurance against being stuck in the Bahamas next
spring with a clogged filter and not being able to get the old one off.

I can't imagine having to deal with this in five-foot seas.

Still, I'm sorely tempted to go at the old filter tomorrow morning out of
stubbornness, if nothing else.

Thanks for all the advice.

Jack Brennan
Sonas, 1998 Catalina 320