[C320-list] Seeking tip on fuel filter

Troy Dunn troutwarrior at gmail.com
Thu Sep 20 18:15:40 PDT 2018

Jack

I really have come to love the wrenches that have a rubber strap that you
can adjust to almost any size in order to get at a wide variety of jobs
like removing a filter.   When used correctly you can apply an amazing
amount of torque.   Before you go at it with a wrench though...try to open
the pump at the top of the filter by unscrewing the thumbwheel and pulling
up to relieve a bit of pressure.  It probably won’t help, but if the filter
is under pressure it can jam the threads as if it was welded together.
There is also a valve at the bottom for draining water.  Try opening this
as well first.

Good luck.  I replace both filters every year.   Overkill?  Yup.   Peace of
mind...priceless.

Cheers

Troy Dunn
Hull #514