[C320-list] solar panel wiring

Utility Comcast kswanson123 at comcast.net
Tue Apr 16 13:59:32 PDT 2019

Scott,

I did a similar installation with a flexible 125W Solbian panel mounted to the top of my Bimini.  I found a plastic Hella 2 pin low voltage bulkhead mounted plug that I mounted to the stern near my shore power inlet.  It has a weather sealed cover.  I purchased the connector at Downwind marine in San Diego, CA.  I also used the MC4 connectors for the connection to the solar panel and combined all off the exposed cabling in a wire loom.  It attached to the Bimini stanchion with small velcro ties to keep it ship shape and out of the way.  This Hella connector and my exposed wiring setup works really well for my flexible solar panel set up.  I can remove the solar panel and the cable and stow them underneath our large mattress in the master stateroom when we are not using the flexible solar panel.

Check out my installation photos on our C320IA owners website.  Link below:

https://c320.org/mediagallery/album.php?aid=293&page=1 <https://c320.org/mediagallery/album.php?aid=293&page=1>

Dave

David Swanson
S/V Emily Ann