[C320-list] 320 MK II Steering Console

Doug Treff doug at treff.us
Mon Apr 29 15:35:53 PDT 2019

In addition to Stephen's description, I offer the following ideas. Take a rag and carefully slide it along the areas of exposed cables, looking for meat-hooks (broken strands of cable). If you find any, the whole cable / chain assembly needs to be replaced before you have a steering failure from a broken cable.

Edson video part 1: https://youtu.be/270dLsfbR3M
Edson video part 2: https://youtu.be/rRsd6uhFWJM

Edson inspection checklist and parts list:
https://edsonmarine.com/content/EB-372-14_Steering_Inspection.pdf

--
Doug Treff
doug at treff.us