[C320-list] Winch Maintenance

Tom Grass tgrass462 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 28 21:30:41 PDT 2019

Tom Grass <tgrass462 at gmail.com>
[image: Attachments]10:57 PM (31 minutes ago)
to C320-List
I truly appreciate everyone's concern.  When I made the initial post to the
C320 site I had included two photos - but the file was too large.  I will
attempt to send ONE photo with this reply.  I too am amazed at this
situation.  We purchased Bucket List a year ago; I do not know if and when
the winches had been maintained.  I do know that 1) the pins on the two
gear packages on the stern winch were removed; 2) the smaller package was
removed with no issues at all and 3) the larger package could not be
removed because of the fiberglass surrounding the inner half of the winch
and it was too large to fit through the opening that the smaller gear
package had been removed from.

Here is the photo.  I do appreciate all the attention to this matter.

Let me end with two questions for the 320 association.  1) Have any other
members experienced this with their 320 MK II?  2) (most importantly) - are
the stern winches bolted to a glassed in backing plate?

Thanks again.