[C320-list] Need ST4000 Autopilot Manual Supplement

Dave Hupe hoopdtwo at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 5 12:18:06 PDT 2019

 Update …..
Several people have helped me find the correct method to enter into the Autohelm ST4000 calibration mode.  Regrettably, nobody had the exact supplement I needed (mine was stuck together/ripped so I couldn't read it). A letter from Autohelm says that the instructions are identical/apply to all of the units ST1000, ST2000, ST3000, ST4000 and ST5000.  Don't confuse this to mean it applies to the ST4000+.

The actual manual says it is a 1-step procedure to get into calibration mode.  That didn't work!  The supplement was the key.  It is actually a 2-step procedure (pushing "standby" for 5 seconds until CAL is displayed, then pushing "standby" again for 5 seconds until the settings come up.

If anyone wants these specific references, please email me directly. Thanks very much to everyone who helped.
Dave Hupe
1994 Cat320 (#32) "Mayan Sun"
Holland, MI