[C320-list] Vibrations at certain RPM Range

Scott Lagerquist lgrqst at aol.com
Tue Aug 6 10:22:18 PDT 2019

John,

On my past Catalina 30 I had this issue and the cause was the primary fuel filter was starting to clog.  When the engine is at lower reps and not getting a good fuel flow it started to rattle.

This may or may not be your issue but I thought I’d at least respond in the event it is.  Another possibility is one of your cylinders has a fuel issue.  Could be clogged injectors or a problem with the lift pump.

A potential troubleshooting method for is to see if the engine stalls at idle.  If your idle is normal I’d rule out fuel flow.

Good luck,

Scott Lagerquist
1994 C-320, #39
Sea Esta