[C320-list] lazerette shelf?

Jack Brennan jackbrennan at bellsouth.net
Sun Aug 11 10:35:01 PDT 2019

My 1998 has a shelf in the port cockpit locker along the inside. It leaves just enough room to crawl in and deal with the battery charger, solar controller, etc. I would be wary about putting any additional shelving in there because of access limitations.

I likewise use Rubbermaid bins for tools, spares, etc. Seems handy to me. Takes only a couple of minutes to remove them. I also keep a large bag with spare lines and fenders there.

I leave the aft port locker clear because I need instant access to the refrigerator, autopilot, etc. I barely fit in there now, so there’s no way I would tighten it up with shelves. On trips, I use it to store full garbage bags. A couple of five-gallon water jugs would fit, too.

Jack Brennan
Sonas, 1998 Catalina 320, no. 528
Tierra Verde, Fl.
Dolphin Cruising Club of Tampa Bay