[C320-list] Attaching Loose Rub Rail

Larry Frank WindSwept at stx.rr.com
Tue Aug 27 10:57:02 PDT 2019

Hi Clay,

I know I am really late to the party here and I apologize but I did not see anyone with the solution I had to use.  I have 1995 hull #246 so our boats are of the same vintage. I suffered the same issue with the rub rail insert many years ago.  I found out that at some point after WindSwept was built Catalina started using a rubber insert that has a different cross section making it stiffer and more secure in the track.  Those with newer boats might not be prone to have the same issue.  I completely replaced the insert at that time and have not had a problem since.  You might want to check with Catalina Direct or the Catalina Factory (Warren Pandy?) and see if you can order new filler.  I would suggest you ask them to send you a one fool long sample so you can play around with it before ordering enough for the entire boat.  Installation is a chore as others have noted but worth it in my opinion.

Larry
WindSwept
C320 #246