[C320-list] Introduction & Salon table question

David Tolmie dave at bodhitech.org
Fri Aug 30 13:01:37 PDT 2019

Howdy,

I’m Dave, the new owner of Klahanie a 2004 mk II, most recently out of
Sidney & Comox, British Columbia. Since I purchased her, she’s currently
moored in Boat Haven marina in Port Townsend, WA, but I’m planning to move
her to Bellingham, WA this winter.

Klahanie is my first boat big enough to warrant a slip, so I imagine I’ll
have many questions. My first question is related to a wobbly saloon table
pedestal.

You can see pictures (and a video) of the pedestal here:
https://www.icloud.com/sharedalbum/#B0iJu8EH6JtFlhx

>From the way it wobbles, it looks like there should be a sleeve for the
narrower pedestal post that fits within the wider post.

This parts kit on Catalina Direct seems similar, but not close enough:
https://www.catalinadirect.com/shop-by-boat/catalina-5-series/interior/table-telescoping-pedestal-parts-kit/

Can anyone with the same pedestal confirm or deny whether there’s a missing
sleeve? Any thoughts or suggestions that fall short of replacing the whole
pedestal? I’d prefer not to just shim it, as I’d like to still be able to
easily raise and lower the table without having to re-shim it each time.

Thanks!!

-Dave

David Tolmie
Klahanie, hull #963