[C320-list] Inverter size?

Mark Seyler mseyler at cox.net
Tue Dec 17 15:25:56 PST 2019

The problem might be in the voltage output of the inverter.  If you made a graph of the voltage coming out of the wall at home it would alternate in a smooth curve called a sine wave.  Some inverters alternate the voltage in a small number of "steps" called a "modified sine wave" instead of a smooth curve, which can cause problems with some electronic devices.  If the Harbor Freight inverter produces modified sine wave a/c power, you might need a different brand of inverter.

Mark Seyler
S/V Reality,
Catalina 320, #232
New Orleans, LA