[C320-list] Inverter size?

Graeme Clark cg at skyflyer.co.uk
Tue Dec 24 10:59:52 PST 2019

Scott

Seems a bit crazy to start with 12v, use an inverter to get it up to 120v and then plug in a mains charger that brings it down to (about) 12v again!

Apart from anything there will be an energy loss at each stage.

Why not buy a car charger for your pc. Plugs into the cigarette lighter socket but easy enough to hardwire it if you wanted

Typical example here

https://www.amazon.com/Universal-Charger-Adapter-ThinkPad-Computers/dp/B07FY9TXNV/ref=sr_1_7?keywords=Laptop+car+charger&qid=1577213931&sr=8-7

Graeme

1996, #366