[C320-list] Propeller Shaft

Jeff Smith jeffreyssmith at live.com
Mon Feb 11 15:40:59 PST 2019

My C320 came with a Maxprop on a bronze shaft. The previous owner told me he thought about converting to SS to reduce the possibility of corrosion. I have not heard anyone worry about the shaft breaking from the weight of the prop, though.

I serviced the prop and changed the cutless bearing last fall (thanks association for making the tools available) and I did not think paying an extra $300 would be worth it to get a SS shaft. You will love the prop, though.

For what it is worth.

Jeff
‘94, #121