[C320-list] Propeller Shaft

FRANK YASKIN frankya at comcast.net
Tue Feb 12 06:57:27 PST 2019

   ..>>>.recently purchased a new Max Prop feathering propeller to replace
   the original 2-blade fixed on my 1997 C-320.
   My mechanic says it's too heavy for the original bronze prop shaft,
   which could snap under the weight and strain and dump my new prop into
   Davy Jones's Locker.
   He suggests I replace the shaft with a new Stainless Steel one.
   Does anyone have any thoughts or experience with this ?
   Roger Nitkin
   Summer Time
   Westport Ct
   1997 #429<<<<<<

   Blue Canute  ( 1996 #380)has a 3 blade Max-prop on a bronze shaft as
   did my 89 C-30 ( also 1" bronze shaft). No problems at all.

   Good for you for seeking other users experience before enhancing your
   'mechanics'; bank account.

   Frank Yaskin
   Blue Canute
   '96 #380