[C320-list] Winch Rebuild

jackbrennan jackbrennan at bellsouth.net
Mon Feb 18 10:35:08 PST 2019

I'm wondering whether there is a performance difference in replacing springs and pawls that aren't broken. Or is it more preventive maintenance?
I passed on the kits after disassembling the winches and seeing that all appeared to be in good shape.
The machine oil made a ton of difference.
Jack BrennanSonas, 1998 Catalina 320, no. 528Tierra Verde, Fl.Dolphin Cruising Club of Tampa Bay

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

  On Mon, Feb 18, 2019 at 10:01 AM, John morrison<sail-ability at sympatico.ca> wrote:   I guess good preventive maintenance….All for the want of a horseshoe nail!!
The only thing that ever broke on my winches was the stripper ring on the 44 Self Tailing winches. this is a real bummer if you’re single handing! I carry a spare one now.
JEM